Friday, October 7, 2011

SUPER NANNY

  Taxi driver
      I was too young to know anything then.
      Just a baby you know.
      My Indonesian nanny, who was a faithful servant, told me I
  nearly got killed by a spirit once.
      Mine was a huge house at .Pasir Panjang.
      At the time, around December, I was  only about one month old.
      The monsoon rains were pouring then.
My nanny was doing some sewing by the light of a kerosene lamp.
      She was sitting in the common living area.
      It was also where she slept, in a foldable bed.
      I was napping in a bundle, hanging from the ceiling.
      This was located in my parent's bedroom.
      That night, my parents had gone to wedding dinner.
      Only nanny and I were in the house.
      While she was squinting at her button-holes, nanny suddenly thought
she heard a sound coming from the bedroom.
      Because of her concern for me, she investigated.
      The room was dark.
      But a figure stood before the hammock.
      Its back was facing my nanny.
      Realising the danger I was in nanny immediately picked up the potty
nearby and flung it at the intruder.
      It hit home with a clang.
      But the intruder seemed unhurt.
      The sky flashed with lightning, and in that instant, nanny saw the face
of a woman.
      However, nanny could see she wasn't human.
      The skin was unusually pale, and those long finger-nails stuck out
sharper that any razor.
      She had long silky hair and a slim, shapely body.
      Then, the snarled.
      And nanny saw her fangs.
      She was drooling in hunger, nanny explained later.
      My brave nanny screamed and snatched me away before the
hantu could get me.
      She rushed into the living area which was bright and well-it.
      The hantu did not dare follow.
      It was also fortunate that my parents returned home at that point.
      The sound of more people probably scared the hantu away, for when
my nanny told them what had happened, they all entered the bedroom
together to check it out.
      The creature was gone.
      They combed the bedroom and found a three-inch-long finger-nail.
      In the end, they had to believe my nanny's story.
      Since then, they have always kept lights on at night.
      Whet I tell you is completely true.
      If you wish, you could come and take a look at the finger-nail, which
I have kept in my drawer till today
     

No comments:

Post a Comment