Thursday, October 6, 2011

CHINATOWN SPIRIT

by: RUSSELL LEE
                 
GYM Instructor
      One evening, my friends and I were walking
round Chinatown. We met a ghost.
      It took in a dark alley, with some name I can’t
rememeber. We were actually walking around
looking at girls and hoping to bump into some
hookers or something. That was how we discovered
this fortune-telling stall. It had this very old woman
sitting at it, playing with some cards.
      My friends wewre rowdy that night, not having met
any interesting chicks. So they pushed me into having
my fortune told, and pestered me until I gave in to
them. But I managed to get them to share the cost of
the service with me.
      The old woman was quite ordinary, like any seventy or
eighty-year- old lady you’d find in the marketplace. Of
course I was taking it casually, llaughing and joking, not
putting any seriousness in it. The woman took my hand,
asked me some questions which I ‘gabra like mad”
about, then she told me a very surprising thing. She said,
‘Tonight, you will meet a ghost”.
      I had this eerie feeling at the time. No one ever told for-
tunes like that, from what I knew. But my friends were so light
hearted and joked so much about it I didn’t place any importance
on it.
then as we were leaving the place and reached the other end
of the alley, we ran into this old man who wore  singlet. He
looked into my race and started saying I was going to meet
with some misfortune. He said, “ Come to my stall. I well tell
you hand and led us back into the ally. As usual my friends were
getting entertained  non-stop at my expense.
      Then we discovered a weird thing. This man took us to his stall,
which was the same one as the old woman’s. We asked and he told
us he had gone to the loo just now. When we told him about the
woman, he asked, “What woman?” Then his expression of
puzzlement froze, as his eyes bulged at the sight of something be-hind
us. We turned around and saw. The same old weman was walking away
with her back to us.
but from where we were standing, it was quite clear that the woman
had no feet, she was just floating towards the wall at the end of the
blind alley. We got away as fast as we could from that place.
      The very next day I had an accident while riding my motorbike and
tore my brand new leather jacket. Of all the rotten luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment