Tuesday, October 18, 2011

STARRY, STARRY NIGHT

              By Russell Lee

              Remember the amusement park in Kallang that used to the
        favourite haunt of many a couple? It's gone now, but one
        incident in that place well haunt me for as long as I live. It hap-
        pened on the Ferris wheel.
               It was a cool night and my girlfriend was holding on to me.
        We were enjoying the romantic starry night when we both saw
        a hazy figure moving  rapidly towards us. As we were almost
        reaching the apex of the structure, the wheel stopped. We were
        trapped in the meshed-up cubicle. In fear, we waited.
              The figure came rapidly and melted into the cage as if it was
        the most natural thing to do. What shocked us further was that
        the figure didn't stop. It went right through us and out of the cage.
        Then there was this sick feeling in our hearts.
               My girlfriend and I felt very depressed and upset. We went
         home immediately and fell into a miserable state for a few days.
         We broke up soon  afterwards. Some bomohs that I went to
         see said it was a spirit that was being punished by a god. It
         just happened that we were in its path and it shared its feeling
         with us.
           Till this day, the feeling of misery still overwhelms me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment